Friday, November 26, 2010

Part 11: The Forest Stuffs

Okay, so I've leveled up my Pokemon up a bit, and have put Pancake in the PC. I'm saving an open spot for any new and interesting Pokemon I run across. I also just finished recording a few segments of Zelda's Birthday, and it didn't go too bad. The miniboss was surprisingly awesome and funny at the same time.

But anyway, onward ho, through the forest.

Wow. Ran across two trainers...I don't remember defeating them at all. I just woke up and they were defeated. Dang.

Okay, took a nap after that and feel better. Was kinda in a weird funk after waking up, had a bit of a bad dream, but ah well. That and I kinda miss my family on Thanksgiving.

I was looking over what my Pokemon liked to eat, and Josh is the only one who likes sweet food. The rest will eat anything. Thought that was kinda funny.

Actually planning to go all the way through the forest this time. Just spotted my first HootHoot.

Yay, made it through the forest! I'm on route 205 now.

Let's explore the city a bit before the grass. I walk into a house and an old lady suddenly says "Hey, I have no use for this anymore. You can have it."

She shoves a TM67 into my hands and I look at it's description.

"The user recycles a single-use item that has been used in battle so it can be used again."

D:

It's gonna make my Pokemon throw up after they eat something. God. This game.

I walk into another house and there's a guy who asks me if I want to be an explorer. Sure, why not? If it gives me free stuff, then I'm okay.

"Well said, my young friend! I will teach you by assigning missions. First, go underground! Going underground is easy, just use the Explorer Kit I gave you."

I look down at the first-aid-kit-sized box I hold in my hands.

Hmm.

"If you accomplish that, I will give you your next test."

Which would be hopefully about what to do if you're stuck underneath the ground. Okay, we might do that later, for now, MORE exploration is in order.

Okay, so all that's left of interest is the Gym. Seems someone is standing outside.

"I'm Gardenia, this town's Gym Leader. My last challenger was a speedy young guy. His name was Tim, he told me about you. You'll have to go through the trainers."

So we start out the battle with Josh, have some difficulty, and then I realize, maybe I should have started with Waffle. So I switch out and dump a few Flame Wheels on the Roselia and then on the last one I switch over to Belle to get some XP for her. I put the Roserade to sleep and then do a few scratches on it. It doesn't really affect it much, but I'm just trying to make the battle more fun.

Finally, I just say "screw it" and put in Waffle after the Roseraid goes through three of my members. I throw a Flame Wheel on it and get it down to...

ONE PIXEL OF LIFE LEFT, GOD!

AND THEN SHE USES A SUPER POTION! *flail*

SO after another Flame Wheel and one Stomp later, the leader has been beaten!

"I might've said it before, but you're really tough. Wasn't it hard for you to raise your Pokemon to be so good? I guess that's a measure of how much you love your Pokemon. In recognition of that, I proudly grant you this!"

She hands over the Forest Badge. She explains that I can now use the hidden Cut outside of battle. She also gives me TM86 (Grass Knot).

I wander outside into the cool night air and breathe deep. My second badge has been acquired and I'm one step closer to the Elite Four!

Suddenly, Tim barrels into me from the left.

"Hey, let me show you the Pokemon statue!"

He leads me to a high hill where a few people are standing around. One person is speaking.

"--Revered in Sinnoh are the Pokemon of time and space. Sinnoh's myth...its truth needs investigation..."

It's the Cyrus guy from the lake at the start of my adventure! He turns and goes past us with nary a word.

Tim gets a wild look in his eyes again. I gulp.

"I have an easy way to become a great Trainer! Make certain ALL your attacks hit! Avoid enemy attacks for sure! Do that and you'll never lose!"

Call the presses, we've got a sharp one here.

He finally bolts out and I am left to my own devices. I check around the back of the statue and find a Draco Plate. It says "When the universe was created, its shards became this Plate."

Well that's assuming an awful lot.

I go to leave the statue area and get a few feet down the road when a woman in a black dress approaches me.

"That device you have...a Pokedex? That brings back memories. What is your name?"

"Donny." I put my hand out in greeting.

She ignores it. "Hello, Donny. I'll be sure to remember that name! I'm Cynthia. I'm a Trainer like you. I've been studying Pokemon mythology lately, just out of curiosity. Here in Eterna City, there is a statue."

"Yeah, I just came from there."

"Oh okay. According to legend, it was an extremely powerful Pokemon. You may encounter something like it. Who knows?" She smiles and hands me something. "Try this, it might help."

I look down and see it's an HM01 (Cut).

I am now going to explore a secret area I can get to. Josh has warned me to stock up on balls and stuff, so off to the store.

Okay, taught the Bidoof I caught the other day the Cut move, and we're off!

BERRIES! *collects*

I talk to someone walking around and they give me a Big Tree accessory.

I find another Honey Tree in this area and take a note.

Finally, in the woods I come across another area. A large house. It's very ominous and creepy, but I enter anyway. A pokemon trainer goes wherever he can for new pokemon.

I run across a lot of Gastlys and make my way upstairs. I open up a small room with a flickering TV in it. Something seems to be moving on the screen. I squint and lean in close, then thump the front of the screen with my knuckles.

With a flicker of the screen, an orange zigzagged-shaped Pokemon leaps out. A Rotom! My fingers twitch instinctively and I throw out Starbit to make sure I don't kill it. One nice battle later, and my new Rotom (nicknamed Vizio) is transferred to the PC.

I never understood how that worked exactly, and why Pokemon are even able to be stored in computers.

So with Vizio caught, I head over to the Plant to catch a and Drifloon.

The battle doesn't go quite as well, and I have to reset about four times because I kept accidentally killing it.

Well, that's it for right now I think.

1 comment:

  1. it makes sense for Rotom to be stored in a PC. Funny you bring that up at the basically ONLY pokemon that it makes sense for it to be stored in the PC. It makes sense that it can be stored because it was in the TV.

    ReplyDelete